Great Central Railwayana Auctions

Auction Catalogue: Great Central Railwayana, 2 September 2017

Great Central Railwayana Auction Sale 234, Auction Lot 173
Lot 173 A nameplate, OVERTON GRANGE, from the GWR 6800 Grange Class 4-6-0 No 6879, the last of the Class built at Swindon in May 1939 and named after the country house to the south of Ludlow in Shropshire, now a hotel. Allocated to Oxley by January 1948, it remained there until moving to Laira in 1958 with later brief spells at Truro, St Blazey and Stourbridge. It moved in April 1960 to Tyseley where it remained until withdrawal in the week ending 16 October 1965. It was despatched for scrap to George Cohen at Kettering on 2 February 1966. £6000-8000